Palawan, Philippines is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been to on this earth. Head over to my post, Top 7 Most Instagrammable places in Coron Philippines, to see why it’s one of my favorite places. That being said, El Nido is tied with Coron in my opinion. There’s a reason it makes it to the top of the World’s most beautiful island lists, year after year. Keep scrolling for the top 7 must-see places in El Nido.
Know before you go
HOW MANY DAYS: We spent 14 days in the Philippines island-hopping. We spent 3 days in El Nido, but wished we had one more day to explore farther islands.
- San Francisco -> Manila (United Airlines)
- Manila -> El Nido (Airswift)
- El Nido -> Coron (Airswift)
- Coron -> Cebu City (Cebu Pacific)
- Cebu City -> Moalboal (Local Bus)
- Moalboal -> Cebu City (Local Taxi)
CURRENCY: Philippines Pesos
1. Island Hop around the Palawan Islands
Most of the group tours offered visit similar landmarks. We booked our tour the morning-of with our hotel and had no problems.
- Tour A: Explore the beautiful islands of Bacuit Bay. Discover lagoons, beaches, and snorkeling spots.
- Tour B: Explore the beaches and caves in Bacuit Bay, including Popolkan Island, Snake Island, Cudugnon Cave, Cathedral Cave, Pinagbuyutan Island.
- Tour C: See, snorkel and swim some of the most beautiful spots of Hidden Beach, Secret Beach, Helicopter Island, and Tapiutan Beach.
- Tour D: Visit the hidden gems of El Nido, including the hidden beaches of Pasandigan, Nat Nat, and Paradise Beaches
We opted for Tour A.
2. Spend a day at Nacpan Beach
Nacpan Beach is about 45 minutes North of El Nido town, but absolutely worth the trek over. Imagine you + 4km of powdery white sand beach. Order a cocktail (and some great bar snacks) from Nacpan Sunmai Restaurant, and spend the most perfect day by the beach.
3. Glamping at Nacpan Beach Glamping
Glamping at Nacpac beach was, hands down, one of the highlights of our El Nido trip! Nacpan Beach Glamping is right on Nacpan beach and overlooks the crystal blue Palawan waters.
Glamping here was LUX. When we arrived, we were greeted with welcome drinks and escorted into the private gated area. The tents themselves were incredibly spacious. Each tent is furnished with two queen size beds and can easily accommodate 4 people. It’s furnished with a minimal and chic native-style decor, with lots of seating and space to relax. It’s also equipped with a fridge, a big electric fan, a safe, and an air-conditioner. The restroom and showers are dotted throughout the property.
Nacpan Beach Glamping also offers complimentary sunset sailing, with the boat departing at 5pm every day for an hour. Private sailing trips and private romantic dinners on the beach can also be arranged upon request. We opted out to maximize our time at the property.
4. Get lost at sea
5. Have a Grand Pool-side Breakfast
Amongst the many perks of glamping at Nacpan Beach is their breakfast buffet. We woke up bright and early with the sun and waltzed over to the restaurant on the properly. The freshest fruits and a breakfast spread were waiting for us. We enjoyed these poolside.
6. Smoothie Bowls at Shaka Cafe
After a day in the sun, there’s nothing quite as satisfying as a smoothie bowl topped off with the freshest juiciest fruits. Stop by Shaka Cafe at Lio beach to fuel up on these gorgeous bowls.
7. Sunset at Lio Beach
Lio Beach El Nido is a quick 15 minute ride from El Nido town. The beach offers private shuttles from the town, check with your hotel or hostel for timings. We loved how the beach was not crowded. The stretch was dotted with photo spots, restaurants and shops. The boardwalk was the perfect place to soak in the sunset.
I hope this post inspires you to travel to one of the most beautiful places on this planet. Add these top 7 must-see places in El Nido to your next Philippines itinerary!